Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2011
It is always a better idea to buy goods in bulk, rather than in small quantities or from vending machines. If you buy in bulk, it saves money.
* If you use compact fluorescent lamps to light up your homes, it will save you a lot of money, as they consume less electricity than other bulbs.
* Keep the windows open for as long as possible, so that there is plenty of natural light and air in your home, which will reduce the usage of artificial lights and air-conditioners.
* You need to be careful about the fact that no appliances that are not in use are turned on. This will help you save a bit of money on your electricity bills.
* If you have the habit of having lunch in the cafes or other restaurants, then it is better to give that up for the time being. It is better to take your lunch packed from home, as that will be cost effective.
* Try suing your car as less as possible. Take a walk or use the public transit system. That will save a lot of money on fuel.
* You must try to pay bills online, as that will ensure that you do not spend on getting to the collection centers. If you pay bills online, you may also get some rebate on the total bill amount.
* If you have the habit of reading books, then you must give up the habit of buying books for the time being. Try to use the facilities of the local library for the time being and that will save you a lot of money.
* Try to use the dishwasher as less as possible. It is better if you can completely avoid using it and wash the dishes and other utensils by hand. This will save electricity and a lot of money too.
* Try to reuse the plastic bags in the form of garbage bags. This will ensure that you need not buy garbage bags and can save money in this front.